Book Donation Policy
Please note: YCLC is currently accepting donations of books.
If you have 20 or more books, they must be boxed. Boxes should not be larger than 20" x 14" and 12" deep.
Please call (717) 845-8719 to schedule your delivery of books to York County Literacy Council.
Books accepted by YCLC:
- Best sellers
- Clean copies of classic titles
- Children's books in new or good condition
- Condensed books
- Language or history textbooks
- Fiction, Non-Fiction, Mystery, Science Fiction, Romance, How-to, Cookbooks, etc.
YCLC is unable to accept:
- Magazines, record albums, CD's, tapes
- National Geographic magazines
- Harlequin Romance Novels
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
Books in poor condition:
- mildewed or wet
- missing or loose pages
- torn pages
- missing or loose binding
- handwriting on content
- children's books with crayon marks
- Textbooks other than language or history
Drop off locations: Please Call @ (717) 845-8719
Main Office: 800 East King Street in the United Way Building, Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM or Friday 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM